2015 – 2016 College Showcases
The College Showcase Series is designed to offer high school students a convenient and affordable opportunity to showcase their skills to a variety of D-I, D-11 and D-III college coaches. Each weekend during the winter, East Coast Baseball will host a different college program right here at Navajo Fields, eliminating the need to travel and the expenses associated with it. This Showcase Series significantly increases the players participation and exposure to colleges.
Feedback from last year’s college coaches was that The East Coast Baseball 2013-2014 College Winter Showcases were an excellent tool for coaches and players to help find the right fit. Each of the institutions in attendance was pleased with the format and the talent of the players. They greatly appreciated the small player groupings and explained that the format provided them with an excellent opportunity to observe and evaluate each player and that no player got lost in the crowd. East Coast Baseball coaches were given individual comments from the colleges on each player and an assessment of each player’s likely fit. The majority of the players in attendance were met with college interest.
Format: Each showcase is an intensive three hour workout demonstrating skill specific techniques in each aspect of the game. Each workout includes:
- Hitting * Fielding * Pitching *Throwing * Catching
- Our 12,000 square foot indoor facility includes clay mounds, rubber infilled turf and ample room for warm-up before each drill is showcased to the college coach
- The showcase is organized and assisted by East Coach Coaches all of whom have college or professional baseball experience .
- There are skill specific coaches present to assist in each drill, including a Certified Personal Trainer to demonstrate appropriate warm-up techniques
- Each showcase provides a presentation by the visiting college coach outlining their particular program, Followed by a question and answer
In addition to the close proximity and financial value, the showcases are an invaluable tool for both parents and players to learn first-hand about a specific college program. The showcases aid a player and his family an opportunity to make an informed decision on which program suits his academic and athletic goals.
Parents and players meet the actual coaches, can ask a variety of questions directly to the coach, and will learn about academic requirements, scholarships and available financial aid.
East Coast Coaches attend the Showcase and record feedback from each college coach as to a player’s strengths, weaknesses, potential and suitability for that particular program. This information is shared only with the particular player and parents. The player will also learn which positions a respective college is currently looking to recruit, further aiding a player in determining which school(s) are most suitable for his goals