Boys & Girls Youth Lacrosse Summer League
Convenient, Local, Economical…. Real Lacrosse That’s Also Real Fun!
WEATHER UPDATE- 7/25/2016 @ 6:30 PM. DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER IN THE AREA, WE ARE FORCED TO CANCEL TONIGHTS SESSION WITH A MAKE UP SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, 7/29 FROM 6 (SIX) TO 8 (EIGHT) PM
The Navajo Lacrosse Advantage- What makes us unique:
The Navajo Lacrosse Summer League…..the best lacrosse value in the region!
Navajo Lacrosse has rapidly built a reputation for its commitment to player development. Our Summer League provides a fun and highly organized learning environment for boys and girls, both individual players (free agents) and teams from 2nd to 8th grade. The program allows players of any skill level an opportunity to continue their development through clinic/camp style practices and competitive games with professional refs.
Under the guidance of the regions best coaching staff, each session Navajo Coaches will guide players through a one hour practice prior to playing in their game providing our program twice as much lacrosse vs. comparable leagues at no additional cost.
During the game, Navajo coaches are positioned on both the bench and field to provide continuous, appropriate and timely instruction to the players in an effort to increase their lacrosse IQ and reinforce proper stick skills.
We are so confident that you’ll love our program that we are willing to offer you a total refund if you are not 100% satisfied with it. No one else offers a guarantee like that!
Notable Changes for 2016- More Uniqueness!
- Flexibility to register and pay for any combination of weeks from 1 to 7- you choose the weeks to attend
- 10% Sibling/Family Discount
- Use of Scheduling Software for improved communications with event reminders or weather related changes. In addition, provides a quick and easy ability to see which weeks you registered for.
- Consideration of 7v7 format for younger grades to increase probability of being directly involved in the game, increase the number of “touches” during the game which accelerates development and maximizes their time in the field…to make it more fun for the kids while still focused on developing their skills
|League Details- See FAQ's below for answers to common questions|
|Start Date:||Monday, June 20th|
|End Date:||Saturday, August 6th|
|Start Time:||6:30 pm:|
1 hr of practice immediately followed by a 50 min game
3000 Navajo Street
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
|Coaches:||Navajo Lacrosse provides all coaches. Click Here for Partial Listing|
Discounts offered for multiple week enrollment
|$40 per week for 1 or 2 weeks|
We take registrations right up to the last day!!!
$30 per week when you choose 3 or 4 weeks
$25 per week when you choose 5 or 6 weeks
$20 per week when you choose 7 weeks
YOU CHOOSE THE WEEKS YOU ATTEND DURING REGISTRATION
|Ask about Team (10 or more player) Discounts|
|Boys Grades 2, 3 & 4|
July 30th @ 9 am
|THERE WILL BE NO PROGRAM ON MONDAY, JULY 4TH|
|Boys Grades 5, 6, 7 & 8 Playing in 2 separate divisions (5/6 & 7/8)|
|All Girls Grades 2 thru 8 with players separated into age appropriate groups|
Clinic with players separated by basic positions i.e.:
- Short Sticks
- Long Sticks
- Stick work (passing, catching, shooting, craddling) including drills for developing the off-hand
- Ground balls through proper technique
- Speed & Agility through the use of cones, ladders and hurdles
- Situational lacrosse i.e. transition/fast break, 1v1, the “2 man game”
- Boys: 7 v 7 or 10 v 10
- Girls: 7 v 7 or 12 v 12
- Two 25 minute running time halves with a 5 minute half time
- Each player is provided a reversible Navajo Lacrosse pinnie
- Certified Officials
- US Lacrosse Rules with Hudson Valley Modifications
- Each registrant must provide their own equipment
- Each registrant must possess an active and current membership with US Lacrosse.
- Players from the same town/club will be kept together unless specifically requested not to be by the parents
- Rainouts will be made up on Saturday’s
- Since this is summer, what grade is my child in? Their grade school as of 9/1/2015
- Can I coach my own team? Yes you can. However, we have found that most coaches prefer and enjoy the time off while Navajo employees coach. In addition, players may benefit from hearing a “different voice.”
- Can we enter an entire team? Yes, but we request that you be willing to take free agents onto your team
- What if we want to enter less than a full team? Will the kids stay together? Yes, unless specifically requested that they not be by the parents.
- Can my child play in another division? Yes, but only up, not down. Player safety is paramount. As a result, Navajo Lacrosse will take every step possible to ensure that there is not more than a 23 month gap between the oldest player and youngest player in a division.
- Can or Will You provide Equipment? Sorry, but at this time, all players must provide their own equipment
- Do you allow 2nd Graders? Yes we do, in the 3rd & 4th grade division. We are also aware that they may not be ready to play with older kids but it is not realized until after they started playing. If that happens and you wish to withdraw, we will simply refund 100% of your registration fee.
- Are there playoff’s? No. Our structure allows for us to focus on player development for every player on the field and to teach them to play for the love of the game first and foremost.
- Do I have to come consecutive weeks? No. Our unique registration structure allows for you to register & pay only for the weeks you can attend, i.e. Come 4 times- week 1, 2, 5, & 7
For More Information or Questions:
Phone: 914 564 2959